Saturday, December 11, 2010

My Mom's Quilts

My mom makes beautiful quilts! She has made one for each of her children, grandchildren and even a great-grandchild. She's talking about making a Van Gogh quilt for me! The one she made for me is gorgeous. When we were looking for houses the fact that the bedroom carpet matched the quilt she'd made sealed the deal on the house we chose! My dad made a quilt rack to hold the quilt, too. I'll add some photos of those later.

Right now I wanted to share the beginning of my photo collection of quilts Mom has made. I'll be adding to it as I track down my sisters and brothers to get photos. Shoot, I don't even have a photo of my own quilt in this collection yet!

I love the beauty in these quilts. I didn't appreciate the talent that it took to quilt until Mom started making them. She wants to teach me how to do it and I'd like to learn... but I'm not sure I have the patience. We'll see. I know if I don't take her up on the offer I'll regret it.

Here's the beginnings of My Mom's Quilts.




- jmd

No comments:

Post a Comment

We screen all comments. NO comments with links will be posted. Thanks for reading our blog and for you comments.